Monday, September 30, 2013

1.1.11 Memory R.D.

The memory that has been floating around my mind lately is one from a long time ago.  Around 2008.  I was in a weird place, being interested in three different guys at the same time, but also a little paranoid about getting involved.  Well, my friend "A" had just recently broken up with her pretty straight-edge boyfriend and was interested in getting back out into the dating world.  Well, we were sitting in my bedroom and talking about all of this when she asked me if I ever wondered if boys thought I was a good kisser.  And I told her,
"Of course I wonder, but you can't really ask a boy that."
"Well, you could ask a friend."
"Yeah...you could..."
"So, what do you think?  Wanna find out?"  I said sure so I put on some music to make it a little less weird and then we kissed.  Soft at first, but then more and more so we could really rate each other.  We decided we were both adequate kissers and this forever changed the dynamic of our friendship.
We started getting in trouble for how we danced at the school dances.  And we even kissed in school in front of a few boys we liked because we thought it would be funny, and it was.
At the time, I didn't think anything of it.  But I remember I was disappointed when she got a new boyfriend who was not very "open minded" about things so we never went dancing or put on a show for anyone else after that.  It's weird how you can do something like that with someone and not even really see anything wrong with it, and then hear about people killing homosexuals.  I wonder what my mother would say if she ever found out.  I know a few friends I told were pretty shocked about the situation when I told them.  Funny how someone could find this shocking.  Isn't life about finding/creating yourself through experiences?  Well, this was one for the books.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. What a random memory to have in your brain ATM. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember ever thinking this was weird, even way back then. It just was.

    ReplyDelete