Friday, September 27, 2013

1.1.8 Quotations from Reading R.D.

Some quotations from the last few books I've read include:

"I am beyond full, beyond stuffed.  I have moved beyond need and into abuse and I am comfortable.  My heart and my hands are slowing down.  My senses and the ability to think.  I'm returning.  The nervousness, anxiety, and anger are fading away.  Beyond need and into abuse.  It is nice to be comfortable.  It is nice to be home."
-A Million Little Pieces

"You must be mad, or you wouldn't have come here."
-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

"The tale begun in other days, When summer suns were glowing.  A simple chime, that served to time, The rhythm of our rowing.  Whose echoes live in memory yet, though envious years would say "forget." "
-The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll

"Life is indeed a drama; a drama with but few encores and no bouquets!  We spend one half of it regretting the things we did in the other half!  And the secret of enjoying it is intensity!  Concentrated attention.  We lose half the pleasure we might have in life, by not really attending."
-Sylvie and Bruno

"Ghosts have just as good a right in every way to fear the light as men fear the dark."
-Phantasmagoria

"I guess he had spent too much time molding me to be different to allow me to be the same."
-One More Day

"I'm in love with you.  And I'm not in the business of denying my self the simple pleasure of saying true things.  I'm in love with you.  And I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed, and that there will come a day when all our lives have been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I'm in love with you."
-The Fault in Our Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment