Wednesday, September 18, 2013

1.1 Piece of Your Mind by Anna Rae

Generally, I'm a bottler. I bottle things in and don't express how I feel. I don't give someone a piece of my mind like they probably deserve. However, once the bottle inside me is full...I explode. It may be over something tiny and not explode-worthy. Once in a while, I explode on someone who doesn't really deserve it.

My "exploding" ranges. Sometimes I'll cry and be angry; for some reasons tears like to leak when I'm angry. On rare occasions, though, I turn into a devil. I yell and insult and punch walls; I very well can't punch you, can I? But yes...I have a temper my biological father would be proud of. It is one trait I gained from him. Limited people have actually seen and witnessed this. My poor parents and 2 friends have seen this sad event.

I really need to learn not to bottle my emotions. It's bad for the psyche and for the person who will cause the explosion. When one really and truly deserves to get a piece of my mind, I should bestow that. Granted, it'll be done calmly. It's also healthy for relationships to be honest and share your emotions. Unless it is petty. Like when a certain lover of mine leaves dishes on the floor. I want to strangle him, but I ignore it and don't confront him, because it is indeed petty and not worth my time.

I really have been wanting to go to therapy and help me out with this and other issues I have bottled up in me. Luckily, work has 5 sessions for free for their employees. I really feel and know bottling is my biggest issue.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think even bringing up the petty things is important, as long as it's done right. Maybe you should try addressing things in a joking way? It's a tad passive aggressive but maybe that's your outlet? Like, "OMG you're such a goof because you put dishes on the floor LOL". IDK...I'm not going to say I put everything I feel out into the universe, but if it bothers me enough to tell someone, then it is important enough to tell the person who is doing or saying that thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sighs* Maybe I should, but its too late now, because his cameras are now focused on my journal. >___< He doesn't do it anymore.

      Delete