Wednesday, November 27, 2013

1.6.6 The First Thing I Want In The Morning R.D.

The first thing I want in the morning is to roll over and go back to sleep.  Followed by food - but I know if I eat too soon after waking up, then I'll feel cruddy most of the day.  Then I usually want to pee - which usually intensifies the desire to eat.  Then, if food didn't wake me up, I usually think about going to get coffee, but I usually determine it isn't worth the time or the money.  Then I decide to check social media sites (not just Facebook), and there is usually a number of things waiting for me there.  And usually that takes a few hours out of my morning.  Then I sometimes want to watch a movie, or read a book, so I indulge myself and suddenly it's lunchtime!
This is on a weekend morning, of course.

On weekday mornings I am forcing myself out of bed, forcing myself into a bra, and rushing out the door.  Perhaps grabbing a drink (water or soda) on my way out of the door.  And in winter that also includes sitting in my freezing car letting it warm up before gunning it to work.  Then I sit at work and wish I'd made breakfast or coffee.  Then as soon as it is acceptable to, I am digging for dollars for the Snack Time display so I can put something in my stomach. I always regret this, and yet I do nothing to change it.
There must be a name for behavior like this...

1 comment: