Monday, November 25, 2013

1.6.4 In This Dream I Was... R.D.

In this dream I had, we made sense.  The rest of the people didn't see it, but we made the most of every moment we spent together, we smiled and laughed and the whole time people were saying "You can do so much better," but I didn't understand how they saw it that way.  And your dad always had the same disapproving look on his face whenever he saw us together, but we were so convinced we were going to prove a point.  Then we were engaged and we agreed on everything - a small ceremony and your favorite song and the colors we chose.  And we were so happy as we walked over the threshold to our new place.  And eventually the rest of the world fell away and it was just us, but we didn't notice much because we were just so damn happy together.
But then - as all dreams do - it was over, and I woke up.  And in the morning you said you didn't think we agreed on anything, and you said I was a great friend, and you told me not to fall in love with you.  And then you were gone and my bed was empty, and then days passed by and our communication limited and my stomach churned and I couldn't focus on a damn thing besides how much I miss you.  I don't know how this happened.  How this "new you" I met after a year of not knowing you changed how I felt so much.  And I don't know if/when I should tell you all of this because the timing always seems wrong.  Besides -
"...these words were never easier,
For me to say,
Or you to second guess..."

1 comment:

  1. I never talk about the dreams I have like this. I tend to just store them in my heart and dwell on them when I need to.

    ReplyDelete