Monday, November 11, 2013

1.3 Public Places & Proper Names by Anna Rae

Davison Rd
It's slightly odd Davison owns a Davison Rd. Normally cities have only other city named roads. Maybe Davison's creator was arrogant and super proud, so he deemed they needed a Davison Rd.


VG: Food Market & Pharmacy
For some reason when I say, "VG" out-loud, I can't but imagine a vegan. I always cringe though, because I then think about all the animals I kill for my meals.

Starbucks Coffee
I instantly think of the logo and the lady on it. I don't quite understand it. I think and think, but it makes no sense how it relates to the products or name. I wish I had more money to go there more often, but it's an expensive version of Tim Hortons.

ELGA Credit Union
I always think of Kaitlyn, my friend of a million years. She works at a Credit Union bank. I would love to work at a bank or a job like that. However, they don't offer a lot of money or hours

Davison Family Barber Shop
Old men go to Barber shops. How can this be a "family". Well, the old men probably take the younger boys to raise them to go to barber shops in the future.

Blue Rhino
I wish rhinoes were blue. Where did they come up with this? I can see the blue, because the product is blue, but where did they rhino come up? I remember thinking, in my youth, that this was a curse or whatever that would turn a human or other creature into a blue rhino. Ah, innocence and imagination.

Sonic
I always think of the two weeks I spent in Oklahoma for my cousin Jenny's wedding. It was a lot of fun. My Aunt and I always went to Sonic for Happy Hour; we'd both get large cherry Limades. Yummah.

Doogies
Dogs. Whenever someone says or I read this name, dog. I then remember my old dog Moe. He was my best friend for years even though he was an idiot. I miss him and having my own dog. My parents have 2 dogs, but they are my moms. Maybe one day boyfriend and I will get a dog.

Liquer Tobacco Outlet
Goodness do I miss smoking. I gave it up over a year ago. Once in a while I sneak one with one of my friends (espeically when drinking), but I am not a smoker anymore. Its a good thing. I save my lungs and money. However, I miss it.

Muffler Man
Don't ask me why, but since I was a wee thing I always think of muffins when this place is seen or mentioned. Its odd. Then I get a hankering for muffins. Good thing I ignore this feeling, because I go to Muffler Man and the sticker is on my front window.

AMP Energy Drink
I always envision an amplifier. Which then makes me think of a rock band. Which then reminds me of the time my Dad was in a band. The mind is a funny thing.

John's Pizzeria
Every time I pass this, I think or say out-loud, "I want to go there." However, Boyfriend always reminds me that it is expensive. One of the times after this scenario, he went on to tell me of this pizza he ate in Chicago. Now, my mind goes to Chicago pizza. Yum.

Allure: Salon Spa
I really should take better care of my skin and soul. I do alright, but I could be better. Maybe I should do my makeup and hair more often. Meh, too lazy sometimes.

Gale Road
Just the name makes one think of my mom's ex-friend, which then I remember her daughter. Whenever, I think of that ex-friend I recall dancing in the street with those sparkler things on the 4th of July.

1 comment:

  1. You notice much more than me LOL

    All I can say about Davison Road is that it keeps its name through Lapeer and Flint so, not all about pride LOL

    Professor Phelps actually told my Lit class that the two creators of Starbucks loved Moby Dick and they wanted to name their cafe after something in the book, (I think one of the ship hands was named Starbucks maybe?) But the lady on the logo is supposed to represent the women that were often on old fashioned ships =)

    Elga Credit Union always makes me think of grandma since she lives in Elba XD

    What is Blue Rhino? And some people say grey is blue to be poetic.

    Dont' feel bad about Muffler Man, I used to think it was a restaurant because when I was a kid I thought the logo looked like the guy was holding a rolling pin for baking XD

    You and I can go to John's Pizzeria someday. I won't complain about the prices LOL

    ReplyDelete